Before coming to Al Falah University, Prof. Amjad Al Nasser was the Vice dean of Scientific Research and Graduate Studies, Assistant Dean for Quality, Chair for Department of Statistics, Chair for Department of Economics and Statistics and Chair for UD Research Center and Consultancy and Director of Quality Assurance and Institutional Effectiveness center for universities in Jordan and United Arab Emirates. He was also appointed as a consultant to develop Statistical Software for measuring the Malaysian Customer Satisfaction Index and Quality and Productivity Measurement and Improvement in 2001.
Prof. Al Nasser has been an academic since 2001. He began his teaching career as a Lecturer and is now a full time Professor since 2015.
Prof. Al Nasser is also an established researcher. He won an Excellence Research Award in 2012 (UAE) and in 2020 (Jordan) and has published more than 140 papers since 1996.
Applied Statistics, National University Malaysia, Malaysia
Mathematical Statistics, Yarmouk University, Jordan
Statistics/Computer Science, Yarmouk University, Jordan
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Excellence Research Award – Yarmouk University, Irbid, Jordan (2020)
- Excellence Research Award - University of Dubai, Dubai, UAE (2012)
- Elected member of the “International Statistical Institute (ISI)”, 2010 - The Netherlands.
- Selected one of the “LEADING SCIENTISTS of the WORLD 2008”- International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England
- Selected for inclusion in “10th Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, 2007” - Marquis Who’s Who, New Jersey, USA
- Excellent Student Award for master’s degree, Yarmouk University (1995)
- Asian Council of Science Editors (ACSE). 2018.
- International Statistical Institute. ISI. 2010
- Bernoulli Society Netherland 2010
- Jordanian Mathematical Society 2003 – 2009
ADMINISTRATIVE AND ACADEMIC ROLES
- Vice President of Academic Affairs